Menu Close

Tinubu declares security emergency, directs fresh recruitment into Armed Forces

President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, in a Group Photograph with Nigeria's Security Chiefs in the State House Recently

*President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, declare a nationwide security emergency, directing security authorities to recruit additional personnel into the Nigerian Armed Forces

Alexander Davis | ConsumerConnect

In regard to the emerging security situation in Nigeria, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, GCFR, has declare a nationwide security emergency, and directed additional recruitment into the Armed Forces.

President Tinubu, who made the declaration Wednesday, November 26, 2025, in a statement he personally signed and issued in Abuja, FCT, said the Nigeria Police and the Army are authorised to recruit more personnel.

Konga Yakata pledges biggest deals as shopping frenzy intensifies November

Specifically, the President directed the country’s Police authorities to recruit 20,000 additional Officers, bringing the total to 50,000 in Nigeria.

He stated: “Although I had previously approved the nationwide upgrade of police training facilities, the Police authorities are, by this statement, authorised to use various National Youth Service Corps camps as training depots.”

On withdrawal of Police Officers attached to VIPs

Tinubu said the Police Officers being withdrawn from Very Important Persons (VIPs) guard duties should undergo crash training to debrief them.

They are to deliver more efficient Police services when deployed to security-challenged areas of the West African country, said he.

The Nigerian leader further noted that the Department of State Services (DSS) should immediately deploy all the forest guards already trained to flush out the terrorists and bandits lurking in the forests across Nigeria.

The President said: “The agency also has my directive to recruit more men to man the forests. “There will be no more hiding places for agents of evil.”

He equally stated: “My fellow Nigerians, this is a national emergency, and we are responding by deploying more boots on the ground, especially in security-challenged areas. “The times require all hands on deck. As Nigerians, we should all get involved in securing our nation.”

The statement further noted: “Let me take this moment to commend our security agencies for working together to secure the release of the 24 schoolgirls in Kebbi and the 38 worshippers in Kwara State.

“We will continue to sustain the efforts to rescue the remaining students of Catholic School in Niger State and other Nigerians still being held hostage.

President lauds Armed Forces for sacrifices

Commending the Officers and Men of Nigeria’s Armed Forces, President Tinubu stated: “To the leadership and rank and file of our Armed Forces, I commend your courage and your sacrifice.

“This is a challenging moment for our nation and for the military institution itself.

“I charge you to remain resolute, to restore peace across all theatres of operation, and to uphold the highest standards of discipline and integrity.”

He said: “There must be no compromise, no collusion, and no negligence.

“The Nigerian people are counting on you, and this administration will provide the support you need to succeed.

“In addition, our administration will support state governments which have set up security outfits to safeguard their people from the terrorists bent on disrupting our national peace.”

Tinubu urged the National Assembly (NASS) to begin reviewing our laws to allow states that require state police to establish them.

He as well urged State Governments to rethink establishing boarding schools in remote areas without adequate security.

Besides, the President asked Mosques and churches to constantly seek Police, and other security protection when they gather for prayers, especially in vulnerable areas.

Tinubu said: “Our administration created the Livestock Ministry to address the persistent clashes between herders and farmers.

“I call on all herder associations to take advantage of it, end open grazing and surrender illegal weapons.

He explained: “Ranching is now the path forward for sustainable livestock farming and national harmony.

“The Federal Government, in collaboration with the states, will work with you to solve this problem, once and for all.”

The President noted: “I sympathise with the families who have lost their loved ones in recent attacks on soft targets in Kebbi, Borno, Zamfara, Niger, Yobe, and Kwara States.

“I also pay tribute to our brave soldiers who have made the ultimate sacrifice, including Brigadier-General Musa Uba.”

He asserted: “Those who want to test our resolve should never mistake our restraint for weakness.

“This administration has the courage and determination to keep the country safe and ensure our citizens live in peace.”

He stated: “Fellow Compatriots, I urge you not to give in to fear and never succumb to despair.

“Let’s stand together in purpose and strength to defend our freedom and values.

“Our administration will continue to guarantee peaceful co-existence and preserve our union.”

President Tinubu added: ” I urge all Nigerians to remain calm and vigilant. Report suspicious activities. Cooperate with security agencies.

“We are in this fight together, and together we shall win.

“May God continue to bless Nigeria and keep our armed forces safe.”

Kindly Share This Story

 

 

 

Kindly share this story